What are the signs of termites in your home?
Signs of Termites – Small holes in wood, crumbling drywall, sagging doors or floors, insect wings, and small mud tubes are some of the more obvious potential signs of termites in New Jersey. Termite Swarms in the spring are also an obvious sign. However, if you don’t notice any of these signs, that doesn’t necessarily mean termites aren’t there.
How much does it cost to treat for termites?
The cost of a termite treatment is based on the size of infestation, amount of damage, and the size of the treatment areas. Call Action Termite and Pest Control to get a free inspection and estimate.
Drilling for Termites? Gaining access to the perimeter of your home may require an Action Tech to drill through any concrete structures.
Drilling is an important part of the termite extermination process. The proper spacing between holes is very important, too far apart and the chemical application may not be suitable to eliminate termites.
Sweeping the drill holes prior to a chemical application makes for a tidy treatment.
Trenching for termites – If there are any areas next to your home that consists of dirt, Action’s Termite Tech will dig a trench in order to apply a chemical barrier.
Chemical Application – Action Termite and Pest Control uses Termidor for the best possible results. After the trench is dug out, a rod treatment to the exposed ground is completed.
Behind the trees and shrubs – Action’s Termite Technician will get behind trees and shrubs that are next to your home in order to complete the trenching process.
Covering the Trench – Once the proper chemical application has been applied to the trench, covering the area with untreated soil seals the barrier between your home and a termite infestation.
Helpful tips to decrease the possibility of a termite infestation:
- Trim all shrubs, bushes and other dense greenery away from the foundation of your home. Move mulch away from the foundation as well.
- Don’t leave firewood near your home, it’s a magnet for termites. If you do keep firewood outside your house during the winter, keep it raised off the ground.
- Remove all lumber, tree stumps and other kinds of loose wood from the perimeter of your home.
- Fix any leaky pipes and eliminate any standing water near your home. Termites cannot live on wood alone.
- Keep gutters and downspouts free of accumulated leaves and debris. Clogs and obstructions can attract termites.
- Seal all cracks and hole in your homes foundation, which may provide a handy access point for termites.
Family owned for three generations and quality control oriented, Action is your true source for dependable pest extermination. Action’s Professional Exterminators receive on-going training on Local, State, and National procedures and laws. Action serves NJ, New York City and Philadelphia.
Action technicians follow the Integrated Pest Management methodology to provide you with the most effective pest control solution possible.
Action Termite and Pest Control delivers prompt and professional service to business and home owners while adhering to all EPA Laws and Safety Regulations.
Our highly trained staff consists of qualified service technicians and service managers that are dedicated to customer service and professional care. Action is a proud member of the NJPCA and the NPCA…Guardians of Your Environment!